Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Update on Keenan

I talked to my step sis last night and she said that the theory of what happened was that she somehow got a staph infection. The staph infection was in her amniotic fluid and he was breathing that in. That's why his lungs aren't working like they should. That is also why he is having so many blisters popping up. They think that the UTI's that she was having was secondary to the staph infection. They never tested her blood, just her urine. They are still waiting on all of the cultures to come back to see exactly what kind of infection it is and to see whether their theory is correct. He is on the ECMO machine (oxygenating machine) and she said that he's doing well on it. She said all of his numbers have been great since they put him on the machine. She was getting ready to eat dinner and then she was going to get to go see him. I'm hoping that I get to go see him on Wednesday or Thursday if I can get off work early! Thank you for all the prayers and keep them coming PLEASE!!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Praying for that sweet baby and for your step sis!!