Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another Update and Another Pic

Baby Keenan is off the ECMO!!! YAY! This is SUCH good news! He's on about 30 breaths per minute on his ventilator per my mom which is also pretty good because he was on 40bpm's. They still have him slightly sedated and are working on weaning him off of everything now as long as his respiration and lung functions keep improving. He has started opening his eyes for his mommy and daddy and is moving a little bit when he hears their voices. He still looks pitiful in the pictures but hopefully in the next few weeks he'll be completely unhooked from all of the wires and machines be in his mommy's arms!


2 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so happy to hear he's making good progress. It is such a sad picture. :( I hope his mommy and daddy are holding up well. Continuing to pray.

Kara said...

I'm glad he is getting better!