Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Feathered Friends

So, one thing I'm having to get used to with living in my new neighborhood is that there is a huge pond right behind our subdivision. What goes with ponds??? Ducks and Geese! Now, I'm a city girl so I don't experience wildlife except for a few squirrels or birds on a daily basis. Just about everyday I encounter these giant birds. They are either blocking the road, crossing the road, or just hanging out in someone's yard. I live towards the back of the neighborhood so they aren't usually close to my house but they usually stay right around the entrance/exit close to the pond. BTW, my house is in the city. My neighborhood has been there for 15-20 years. It used to be considered "in the country" many years ago before my town started growing and growing. Sometimes they are a nuisance but all in all, I'm glad they're around to keep me entertained.

Crossing the road..did I mention how slow they waddle???






No comments: