My step sister, Tara, gave birth to a baby boy on Friday morning. His name is Keenan. Tara had been in and out of the hospital for the last week or two with UTI's and possible kidney stones. They admitted her on Thursday night and were planning on inducing labor Friday morning at 38 weeks 2 days. Around 8am on Friday morning, Keenan's heart rate sank and they did an emergency C-Section. Keenan was not breathing on his own and was rushed out. The doctor couldn't get Tara's bleeding to stop and she had to have a blood transfusion and consequently a surgery to try to reduce the amount of blood that she was losing. She was then put in CCU. Keenan was air lifted to Arkansas Children's Hospital around noon Friday. He has been in critical condition since. He still isn't breathing on his own, he has some type of infection that is causing blisters to pop up and burst and then make sores, he has about a pound of fluid all over his body, he has pulmonary hypertension, and he has congestive heart failure, and his red blood cells aren't holding the oxygen. They have him on a ventilator and he is sedated because he kept trying to fight the machine. Tara was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon and went straight to Children's to be with her baby that she hadn't even had a chance to see yet. I couldn't imagine being where my sister is right now and I feel so bad for her. I don't even know what to do for her except to ask everyone to pray for this little baby and his mommy and daddy. I know that Keenan is in the best hands possible and he's a little fighter!
ETA: They are now probably going to hook him up to a machine (not sure the name) that is going to pump his blood out, add oxygen to it, and then pump the blood back into his body. My sister who is an RN said that this is usually the last option that they do when there isn't anything else. I hope and pray that if they have to do this, that it works!
6 comments:
Oh wow Lara, i'm so so sorry. I'll definitely keep them in my prayers. That is just heartbreaking. How far along was she?
Lots of thoughts and prayers being sent to them!! Please keep us updated when you hear something.
Kaycee, She was due on the 29th so about 38 w 2 days right?
I'm so sorry Lara. That is terrible. I will keep them in my prayers.
Oh Lara, that is terrible. I hate that your family is having to go throught this. I hope Keenen recovers very quickly. I will be praying for him.
Lara- I am so sorry your family is going through this. I will keep them in my prayers.
Post a Comment