Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Last Day of School

I have been gone for a LONG time but I've got so much stuff to blog about. Maybe I'll get time soon enough. Today is Carlie's last day of school. I can not believe that my baby is already ending her first year of school. She will be in 1st grade next year and will be going to a different school since we moved districts. I think she'll adapt pretty easily though. She has learned so much in just this one year of school that it's amazing. She has improved her behavior a little and has become such a little lady. She is so smart and I know that she is going to grow up and be very successful in life. She had her Kindergarten awards assembly yesterday and I was so happy that I got to go. She received the "Most Curious" award which fits her to a T. She is always asking questions and yearns to know everything about anything. I'm so proud of my little girl!

This summer she will be going to an amazing summer camp at Jacelyn's daycare. Each week they have a different topic. One week it is zoology and the zoo is bringing animals for them to learn about. Another week is acting where they get to act in a movie, learn how to produce, edit, and film. All of the parents will get a copy on DVD. They also have a cooking week where they get to learn how to cook and get a whole cooking kit to take home. I'm so excited for her to be able to enjoy this!

I was also just thinking, 2 years from this August, both of my girls will be in school!!! I don't really think I'm ready for this. They are growing up too fast!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Aw... I bet it was bittersweet. :) The cooking part sounds fabulous. It sounds like a really fun camp.

Anonymous said...

I haven't even looked into salary, honestly were not moving, but when we do go to buy a house, it just might be an option. But that is about 2 years away, we have some stuff we want to finish paying off and get prepared for, but Marcus works for home depot for the distribution center, as a manager, and their corporate office is in atlanta, so that would be nice, if he could just transfer. LOL .. It just truly makes you think, a house like those in Georgia would easily go for 700,000 here in cali. Its crazy.