We had
Jacelyn's birthday party this past Saturday. Her actual birthday isn't until the 22
nd but Carlie will be gone the whole weekend of her birthday. She had a "Beach Monkey" Luau party. We just served snacks that had a tropical theme to them. I made a fruit tray that had kiwi, strawberries, fresh pineapple, bananas, and mandarin oranges. I carved out a fresh pineapple and put canned mixed tropical fruit chunks in it. Then I got a coconut and cracked it open and put the fruit dip in it. (BTW, rotten coconut milk smells REALLY bad when leaked all over counter tops and kitchen floors). We also had tropical trail mix, colorful goldfish crackers, macaroon cookies, and tropical punch with pineapple in it. The kids got to make their own leis and monkey faces. The girls all got a grass skirt and EVERYONE got a lei! I made name tags for everyone with their names translated to Hawaiian. Mine is "
Lala" which also happens to
be one of the names that my nephews calls me (that or
Yaya.
lol). There was a 60% chance of rain but thankfully it held off until after the party was over! All of the kids had so much fun!
My little Lilo

We even had monkeys in the trees!

The food spread

Hoola Hoop Contest!
5 comments:
What a cute theme. :) Looks like you had fun. She looks so grown up and so beautiful.
Lara!! That looks liks SO much fun. LOL what a cute theme. Jacelyn looks so big with her long hair. CUTE!
Happy Birthday Jacelyn!! What a great party theme!
So cute! Love the theme and all the pics! She is so big and cute! I can't believe how long her hair is. It's so fun to watch the kiddos grow up!
isnt that picture too funny, It is so me!!! and most likely many other ladies and MOMMIES out there. LOL
Post a Comment