Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My almost bad day turned good and then bad again.

I went to pick lunch up at Sonic for everyone in the office. When I pulled up to work, I realized that my cheesy tator tots weren't in the bag. Instead of heading right back to the irresponsible fast food chain, I took everyone else's food inside so it wouldn't be cold for them. When I got back to my car, I realized that the doors were locked and there staring at me in the passenger seat were my purse, phone, debit card, receipt, and KEYS!! UGH! So I ran back in and called Sonic. The girl on the phone said they knew they left the tots out and to either come retrieve them or talk to the manager about replacing the whole meal on my next visit. I asked our receptionist if she would mind going to get my tator tots for me because I was starving. As she was pulling out of the parking lot, I saw a van sitting there. This van was so beautiful to me. It even had a glow! No, the van wasn't bright yellow and it wasn't actually that beautiful but it was a locksmith's van!!! We were having our locks changed because of an employee being terminated! I got his attention and asked if he would mind breaking into my car for me. He seemed happy to do it and even said he wouldn't charge me anything at all!!! It took him a mere 2.23857 seconds and my doors were open! I was so happy! What great timing huh?

Oh, and about my cheesy tator tots. When my co worker got there to pick them up, they wouldn't give them to her! They said she had to have the receipt. The girl on the phone never told me that. I called the manager and told him that I wasn't ever told about bringing the receipt. (which I couldn't have done anyway because it was locked in my car when she left.) He said that it was their policy and that the girl I spoke with was trying to tell me to bring it in when I hung up. Uh huh, sure. I told him that I wasn't coming back up there and that he could just replace my whole entire meal the next time I came in. He said that was fine as long as I had my receipt. I then proceeded to tell him how stupid that was because he could have just replaced a tator tot with cheese and now he has to replace a whole meal which is costing the company more money! What sense does that make? So now I'm sitting here starving. lol. Stupid Sonic.

2 comments:

Christine said...

That is pretty dumb. I would also write a letter or email to the Sonic's corporate office to let them know that they need to make sure their people specifically state their policy when in this situation. You shouldn't have to starve because of THEIR mistake (first leaving your tator tots out and then not telling you that you had to have your receipt). You might even get a little something more, like a giftcard or something.

Donna/Ellie said...

obnoxious much? Sheesh!! I'd have been peeved too!