Monday, March 9, 2009

Goulash

I've seen these sorts of things on other blogs before and thought it was a great idea to update. Goulash was a meal that we made as a kid that had whatever was in the pantry all mixed in. I'm not sure if there's actually a recipe for this. This post will be about everything so I thought it was fitting to name it "Goulash".

*We only have 8 more days until we close on the house.
*We start moving in on Friday the 20th
*My mom is also buying a house and should be closing today or tomorrow.
*Carlie started soccer again. She is on the same team as she was last season. She has practice on Mondays and games on Saturdays. She is VERY good, to my surprise.
*In my opinion (as her mommy), she is one of the best on the team. A new little boy is on the team this season. He arrived to the game 15 minutes in. He hasn't been to any of the practices but he is good. Not just good, but really really good. The child is only 6 but could probably play with 12 year olds. Carlie made 4 goals and Irwin made 6. This is a big change from last season. There was about 1 goal made per game last season and they were almost all made by Carlie. I think we are in for a really good season!
*I had to pick Jacelyn up from school early Friday because of a fever. She has 101.5 under hear arm. We got home about 45 minutes after they took it. I checked it and it was 102.2 (103.2). About 45 minutes after that (and some tylenol) I took it again and it was 102.7 (103.7). We went and picked Carlie up and I took it again about an hour later and it was 99 (100). She started getting hot again before bed so I gave her some Motrin. She woke up Saturday morning and was just fine! I guess she just had a fever virus.
*My ankle is killing me and I seriously think if I go to the doc they'll make me have another surgery.
*Carlie is having a fundraiser selling cookies/pumpkin rolls/cheesecake etc. They are WAY over priced and I really don't want to buy any. I feel bad because everyone at work is buying stuff so I feel like I have to.
*If she sells 17 items she gets a limo ride.
*Cooper gets his first hair cut on Friday! I can't wait to see his face. haha.
*My sister and a friend want to throw me a house warming party but I feel weird about people buying me gifts since I just got married and had a wedding shower 3 1/4 years ago.
*My hours got cut at work. Temporarily.
*We had our first cookout of the year Saturday night. We had steak, guacamole/chips, baked beans, corn, and garlic bread. It was so yummy!
*The weather has been perfect all weekend. Upper 70's!
*The high for Wednesday is in the mid 40's and rain. yuck.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Your title caught my attention. I love goulash and I thought you were going to post a recipe. LOL. I'm really excited for you with your new house. I can't wait to see pix. :) You sound like you have a lot of things going on. I'm glad your hours only got cut temporarily. Sounds like things are going well.

Kaycee said...

Ahh I thought it was a recipe too. Man, that sounds good right now. LOL!
I think they are titled Gumbo, but yours can be your own trademark..hehe!
I'm LOVING our weather. Isn't it fabulous? I just hate that it is going to turn off colder this week. Hope your ankle feels better.