Monday, December 15, 2008

So umm....

It's freezing here. Like literally....27 degrees. The school closed at 1:30 because of freezing rain. It looked like it had been snowing because of all the sleet and slush on the road and grass. My know it all 5 year old also decided to tell me that it WAS SNOW on the ground, not ice. Hmm...I think I won that battle. School is closed tomorrow because it's just supposed to get worse. We will get a slight warm up tomorrow afternoon but will still be under 32 degrees. I love snow but I hate when it gets like this. We get ice several times throughout winter but only get a good snow about once or twice. It's sad really. lol. I really think the girls are losing their minds today too. They are both SO WIRED! They are screaming and yelling and fighting and playing and laughing all at the same time. I think I may take up smoking to get through the night, either that or have me a leg spreader. Do you think pineapple juice and coconut rum will warm my bones as much as a big shot of whiskey? Okay, I'm only kidding...I think.
On to other news, a little more personal than usual. My sister Blair, the one that babysits Jacelyn and my nephew all day, everyday, was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy on Saturday. She ended up having to have emergency surgery at 11pm Saturday night. Although her left tube hadn't ruptured yet, when the doc cut it open to take the mass out, she started bleeding uncontrollably. They had to go ahead and remove it so that she didn't hemorrhage and need a blood transfusion. She has a cut that is identical to a c-section cut. She is doing well now and got to go home this morning. I was at the hospital from about 10pm-1am Saturday night and then went back up there from 3:30-5:30pm last night. My MIL kept the girls while I took flowers and balloons. When my MIL left, she went home to cook supper. I got a call around 7pm saying that an ambulance had just taken Rick's grandmother (Granny) to the hospital because when she was eating dinner, she slumped over and didn't move for a minute. After that she started slurring her speech and having a little weakness on her left side. She lives with MIL and SIL and they were following the ambulance to the hospital. I called my mom to come watch the girls and we left as soon as Rick got home from work. Thankfully, it was just a TIA (mini stroke) and didn't seem to do much damage. Her blood pressure keeps going extremely high and they are doing tons of tests on her. I'm not sure when she'll get to go home.
Here is a picture of Blair (With Zoey and Carlie and a little bit of Jacelyn)

Here is Rick's Granny and his Mom

1 comment:

Jenny/Moravia said...

I am sorry to hear about your sister and grandmother. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

And to this -
"I really think the girls are losing their minds today too. They are both SO WIRED! They are screaming and yelling and fighting and playing and laughing all at the same time."
I swear you're describing my own two. They are driving me nuts.