December 10, 2005 was the day that I became Mrs. B. It was a very stressful time in my life. Planning a wedding, taking care of a toddler, and being pregnant. Problem #1 was that I was going to borrow one of my good friends veils as my "something borrowed". The night before my wedding about 9 o'clock at night, she called to tell me that she had just remembered that it was at the cleaners with her dress to be preserved. I started calling around and my sister told me that they had veils at Hobby Lobby. Where else was I going to find a veil the morning of my wedding? I went to Hobby Lobby when I got up the morning of the wedding and all I could find was this hideous veil. I regret even having one now. lol. Someone also told me that I was supposed to keep the veil on throughout the reception. They probably said it just so that I could look stupid! haha. So, problem #1 solved. My Sister in law's friend did my bridesmaids hair. When they walked into the room where I was getting ready, their hair was in corn rolls?!?!?! The girl that was doing my hair and makeup quickly fixed their hair. Problem #2 solved. My mom showed up with my bouquet of flowers. It was supposed to be a full bouquet of white roses, it ended up being a bunch of small white roses. I did get compliments from people that didn't know what it was supposed to look like that said it was the most beautiful bouquet they had ever seen so I guess....problem #3 solved. Problem #4 was my beautiful and energetic almost 3 year old flower girl, Carlie. She WOULD NOT cooperate. She didn't want to walk down the isle. She DID NOT throw and petals. While we were kneeling on the prayer bench thing, she wanted to kneel with us. She threw a temper tantrum in the isle while we were saying our vows. BUT, I didn't care. She was a part of the ceremony and that's all that mattered to me. Problem #4 solved.
It has been the craziest 3 years ever. So many wonderful things have happened. We have grown together. We have learned how each other think. We know what buttons to push, and when to NOT push them. We have learned to communicate with each other. Best of all, we have learned to love each other.
Happy Anniversary Rick! I love you!






2 comments:
That was a really sweet post! I enjoyed reading about your story. I'm glad y'all are happy and doing well. HAPPY (belated) ANNIVERSARY! You were a beautiful bride!
Cute story. Beautiful pictures. Congrats on 3 yrs may you have at least 30 more.
Post a Comment