Yes, I know that I still haven't put up a post about Christmas, or pictures....I'll get to that when I get a chance to get on my home computer. Right now, I want to summarize 2008 through my eyes.
I honestly think that 2008 has been the best year for me since becoming an adult. Don't get me wrong, there have been some really hard times, but I've gotten through them and I have gained strength from them. Myself, my husband, and my two daughters have all seemed to remain happy and healthy. 2006 and 2007 were very rough, stressful times for us. The first half of 2006 I was pregnant and miserable. We were broke and about to have another baby. It was a very hard time. Jacelyn came in May of 2006 and things seemed to start looking up. She started getting eczema and had a never ending cold. In December of 2006 she got bronchiolitis. In 2007, she was diagnosed with asthma and several allergies. She is allergice to pork, pecans, eggs, and has a slight milk allergy. She is also allergic to trees, grass, weeds, and something else...maybe pollen? I can't remember now. It was rough to see her go through all of the allergy testings and be put on so many medications. The medicines seemed to really help her with all of it. 2007 was also a very rough time for Rick and I as a couple. There were many times where I wasn't sure if we would make it another day together.
I was very happy to welcome 2008. Something just told me that I would be better than years past. And it was. Jacelyn's medicine was slowly clearing up her eczema and asthma. She still has eczema but not nearly as severely as before. Rick and I have both been at our jobs for a couple of year now and have both been blessed with many raises in the last year. I got my very first brand new car in July. Carlie started kindergarten in August which was very emotional in a happy way and a sad way for me. She is doing great, minus a few bad behavior reports. Rick and I did have a short separation which turned out to be the best thing ever for our relationship. We were both able to take those 4 or 5 weeks and realize that we truely did love eachother and we have never been happier. We both realized what we would be losing and have really made an effort to make eachother happy. I'm not so sure that we were in love when we got married. I think we did it just because we got pregnant and thought it was the right thing to do. I really believe that we have fallen in love with eachother and learned to love eachother during our marriage. We have also decided this year to get his vasectomy reversed in the spring. It took a lot of thought and planning but it's what we both want more than anything.
I really think that 2009 will too be a great one for us. My dream for 2009 is to have a successful reversal by April or May and to get pregnant shortly after. I hope and pray that all of my family and loved ones stay healthy, happy, and prosperous. I pray that Carlie continues to do well in school and that she gets a great 1st grade teacher that is a great fit for Carlie's personality. I hope that Jacelyn's asthma and allergies stay under control and that we can eliminate at least some of her daily medicines. I hope Rick gets promoted to the job that he wants and that his boss keeps saying he is a shoe in for. My personal goal is to get healthy and fit. I also hope that it will be fairly easy to conceive and that I have a healthy pregnancy whenever it does happen. I also hope we are able to buy our own house in 2009.
Here's to wishing everyone a Very Happy New Years and a DEVINE 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment