Friday, December 12, 2008

The gym!

So, I decided to finally join a gym. I've tried to just work out at home with DVD's but it doesn't work for me. I don't feel like I'm actually doing any good and then I quit. I figured that if I have a contract and I "HAVE" to pay each month, then maybe that would motivate me. My friend Ashley also joined with me. We both went last night for the first time and worked out for about 40 minutes. I'm so embarrassed to admit this but it was the first time that I've ever really worked out at a gym. I've been once before but all I did was the bike. This time, I actually did cardio and strength training. I felt so good when I got done. I can tell that I'm out of shape but I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. I actually enjoyed myself! I really hope that Ashley and I can motivate each other enough to keep it up and go at least 3-4 times a week if not more. The best thing is that I didn't wake up sore this morning! I'm sure that tomorrow might be a different story but as of right now, I'm not sore at all! I can't wait until I can start seeing a difference!!!

2 comments:

Kaycee said...

Woo Hoo! That's fab girl! I wanna join a gym :(

Janet said...

Yay! That's great! I am proud of you. I am starting a diet and work out regimen when January comes. I already have a work out buddy too, and I think that is a great way to stay motivated and committed. Good luck to you!