As of right now at least. We still have a few months to change our minds but as of right now we are both dead set on getting the reversal done! I have found a doctor about 3 hours away that is highly recommended and a fraction of the cost of the doctor here that would be doing it. He also has a higher average % of patients conceiving after the VR. The average success rate is 76% if done less than 3 years after the V and his success rate is 83%! The average of a couple who have had a child together in the past is 90%. The chances go down quite a bit after 3 years. It's been a little over 2 years since he had it done. I think it was in September of 2006. Microsurgical Vasectomy Reversals are all he does and specializes in them! We have to put down a deposit to book the appointment so that is what we are starting on saving up for right now. It's not that much but with the holidays coming up I am focusing on saving for that rather than the reversal. We hope to have the deposit by the end of January and hopefully book the procedure around the end of March or first of April!
I'm sure I'll be posting updates throughout this journey but in the mean time, please pray that everything remains great for us and that we are able to go through with this in just a few short months!
4 comments:
I'm prayin' for y'all. I had a friend/neighbor who had his vasectomy done after his daughter from his first marriage was born. He had a reversal done about 5 years ago. It had been 12 years since he had his vasectomy. He and his new wife conceived the month after. Now they have 2 kids. Just wanted to share a positive story.
Yippie!! That's so exciting. I'll be praying for you as well :)
Wow! What an incredible decision! I'll definitely be praying for you guys. That is so very exciting!
HEY!!! GET ONLINE! LOL I losr your number so I can't get ahold of you.
Post a Comment