I know that 25 isn't usually a big birthday for most people. To me, it means that I'm half of 50. Fifty years old seems so far off to me most of the time, except the day that I'm half way there and now it seems like 50 will be here tomorrow. When I was younger, I would have never pictured myself being where I am at only 25 years old. I have a wonderful husband, two amazing daughters, and a career that I (mostly) love. Most people my age are just getting married and starting their own families, I've been at that stage for almost 6 years now. What's next you ask? I have no idea. Maybe buying our own home instead of renting and hopefully adding one more perfect baby into the mix. I am so in love with where I am in my life right now that it's hard to think of things that could make it any better. Does me starting out my adulthood earlier than most make me wiser about the World and life in general? Probably not but I do love it when friends calls me for advice because they know I have probably been through *it* before.
I also love when friends who I haven't spoken to in a very long time email, call, or text me with a simple "Happy Birthday". I've been feeling like most of my "old" friends have forgotten about me since I've been so busy with life lately so it feels really good to know that I'm still thought about, especially on my birthday! I can only hope that my 25th year will be as wonderful as it has been here lately!
So, I'm having a great day after a great weekend. We are having our Thanksgiving Luncheon at work today and then we're having a family birthday dinner since there are 6 people in my immediate family that have birthdays from Nov 13th-Nov 27th!!!
3 comments:
A BIG GIANT HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU LARA!! :) I'm half of 70 but I don't mind one bit. I think it's amazing that you have it so together at 25. I was just getting married at 25 and didn't start a family until I got into my 30's. You have a wonderful family and you deserve lots more happiness. :) A house and another baby would do it.
Happy Birthday girl!! I'm so happy you are having such a great day :)
Happy belated!!! This was your golden birthday...25 on the 25th! I'm so happy u r happy and wish u another 25 +25+ 25 more!
Post a Comment