That is the question. Rick had the big "V" about 2 years ago. Jacelyn was an infant. We were SO broke and suffering from sleep deprivation. We "knew" that we only wanted two. We now totally regret it. No one tried to talk us out of it, no one said "Ya'll are still so young"...nothing. I'm not blaming our decision on anyone else. I just think that someone, especially the doctor, should have gone over everything with us a little better.
I would LOVE another baby but I know the likely hood of it is gone. I know that there is that slight chance of conceiving after a vasectomy but I know that isn't going to happen with us. I just have never felt complete and I know I would with one more. I've always seen myself having 3 kids. I miss being pregnant, I miss giving birth, I miss the whole process of it all. I miss having a little baby in the house. Carlie is such a great big sister and I know that Jacelyn would be too. With all that being said, I also know that I would miss sleeping and the freedom that I am beginning to remember from before. Jacelyn is at that age where she can play in her room with Carlie and I don't have to worry (although I do check on them often). I don't have to feed either of them, change diapers, and I barely even have to dress and bathe them. I know that in about 9-10 years I can go out on a date with Rick and leave the girls at home alone for two hours without having to find a sitter. I think of having to buy clothes, school fundraisers, yearbooks, shoes, backpacks, school supplies, lunches, graduation caps and gowns, college, and their first car for 3 kids and I about pass out. Is it really that much more expensive to add just one more child to the mix???
*IF* we were going to have a reversal, I would like to get all of our debt gone and buy a new house first. We are not struggling financially anymore and Rick is up for a promotion between now and 6 months from now. Time is running out though. The likely hood of reproducing after a reversal decreases after 3 years so if we are going to do it, we need to do it NOW. I've been telling myself that if it happens naturally even though he's fixed then it's a blessing but do I really want to spend all of our money on a reversal and take the chance of it not working? I can think of so many things that we could do with that money, like put it as a down payment on a house. Maybe we could use our income tax return in 2010 for a house? We both want a baby so so bad though. I just don't know what to do.
2 comments:
I say go for it when you can. :) We thought we KNEW we were done with 2 and are still fairly certain. We're putting off having the big V because we still have doubts. Hang in there and you'll make the best decision for your family.
Wow! I say go for it as well. I didn't realize yall were that serious ab it. I'd say do it now so Jacelyn will be fairly close in age to it and Carlie.
Post a Comment