On the way home from picking Carlie up at her after school gymnastics program, she said "This is a rectangular prism and this is a sphere". She's in kindergarten. I don't think I knew what either of these shapes were until geometry class!
After that, we started talking about where everyone in our family was born. I told her what city daddy was born in and she asked why he was born there instead of where we all were born. (Me, Carlie, Jacelyn, and 2 of my 3 sisters were all born at the same hospital). I told her it was because "Ma" and "Grandpapa" lived there at the time. Then she asked why they don't live together anymore. Then she asked why my parents "Memaw" and "Grandpa" don't live together and why "Memaw" now lives with "Papaw". They are all divorced so I had to, for the first time, explain an adult concept to her. I have no idea if I explained divorce correctly but she seemed pretty confused after our talk. lol. I'm just praying that she doesn't ask where babies come from any time soon. I don't think I could handle that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment