I still can't believe that 6 years ago was when first laid eyes on my beautiful, bald, cone shaped headed baby girl! She was due on December 27th but didn't come so we were going to be induced on January 3rd. I was put on bedrest for symptoms of pre eclampsia the last week of my pregnancy. I was on the couch at my moms with my Nanny all day on Thursday the 2nd. I had what seemed to be cramps around 5:30am but they went away. That afternoon, they seemed to be coming a little more often but none were painful and I didn't "know" I was in labor like they said I was. My mom got home around 5:15pm and she said she could tell I was having contractions and wanted to take me to L&D just to be sure, even though I wasn't in pain. I got there around 5:30pm and I was 5cm dilated. Carlie wasn't going to have anyone tell her what to do and when to do it so she wanted to come out on her own terms (a lot like she is now). I finally got an epidural when I was 8cm and by the time they were done administering it, I was 10 cm and ready to push. I started pushing around 8pm but her head was turned sideways so that made it difficult to deliver. They had to use a suction but it wasn't working too well. The doc said she was going to try it one more time before she sent me for an emergency C-Section and thankfully it worked that time. She was born at 9pm on Thursday, January 2nd, 2003 weighing 6lb 14oz and was COMPLETELY BALD! She is a very strong willed and determined little girl. She is very beautiful, caring, loving, funny, witty, and smart. She definitely knows how to test her limits but also knows how to give the best and biggest hugs ever. I have no doubt in my mind that she will grow up to be successful and I can't wait to see the woman that she will become. Okay, I guess I can wait. I don't want her to grow up too fast...she's already 6!
I wanted to do a timeline type thing with pictures but I don't have many pictures of Carlie on my computer before the age of 3 1/2 b/c I didn't have a digital camera until then. I'll have to scan some and then add to this post later.
The night Carlie was born!

Carlie in her crib
Pictures from this morning!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Carlie!! Wow, you looked so young when you had her!!
Aww! Happy Birthday Carlie!!! I can't believe she is 6 already. She was only 4 when I "met" you..haha!
btw: jj's hair is SOOO long! I love it :)
Happy Birthday Carlie!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLIE! How exciting!! I can't imagine having a 6 year old, and it will be here way too fast. She is so beautiful and I love all the stories you tell about her. She is such a smart girl.
Happy Birthday Carlie! You're so grown up!
Post a Comment