Tuesday, January 13, 2009

3 a.m. Wake Up Call

We are having major trouble with keeping Jacelyn in bed. We would start trying to get her down around 7:30-7:45pm. She would get out of bed every 5-10 minutes until about 10pm. We cut out naps to see if she was tired enough to get in bed at her normal time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Last night, she went straight to sleep! I went to the gym, got home and cleaned the kitchen from supper, made Carlie's lunch for today, set her alarm clock, laid out the girls clothes for today, fed the fish, and went to bed. Around 1-ish Jacelyn got up, I put her back to bed. She got back up not long after that and I put her back to bed again. She got up AGAIN and Rick put her back to bed. She finally got up around 3am and Rick put her to bed with us. She didn't want to go to sleep. She wanted to play and watch T.V. Around 5:30am she started screaming that she wanted Carlie to get up and play. She finally somehow dozed off around 6am. I managed to get in a few more minutes of sleep, with her kicking me in the back, before I had to get up and get ready for work. It's going to be a LONG day!

2 comments:

Jenny/Moravia said...

Ick! I hope her sleep gets back to normal soon. That's got to be exhausting for everyone!

Janet said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. I know how frustrating that is to be awakened all night long and how hard it is to go through the day tired! I hope y'all find something that works, and that y'all all start getting some more sleep!