Friday, April 4, 2008
Scary Storms last night!!!
We had a really rough night last night. We had really strong storms blow through. We had a tornado warning and the sirens went off around 11:15pm so we got the girls out of bed and headed to the bathtub. Rick grabbed Jacelyn's crib matress and threw it on top of us. He got in the closet under the clothes. I was begging God the whole time to keep us all safe and everyone in the path of the storms safe. The news was saying that there was a tornado in my town and to take cover immediately. The wind was blowing and it was pretty loud but I don't think a tornado actually hit. I called my mom as soon as we were in the tub to wake her up. She put my nephew in the bathtub with blankets and pillows and he never even woke up! lol. My step dad was standing on the porch the whole time. He's crazy! My dad called me a few minutes later and said "Hey, what are you doing?" and I said "Oh, not much...just hanging out in the bathtub with the girls". lmao. There is a lot of flooding all around and power is out all over the place. Thankfully it didn't go out around my house. The girls were so calm and didn't freak out at all while we were in the tub scrunched up with eachother and a matress over us. I was so proud of them! Carlie thought it was a fun adventure because she got to hold the flashlight in case the power did go out. There are tons of schools closed but I think that's because of the flooding. They were having to rescue people by the interstate in BOATS!!! How crazy is that? We had bad storms a week or two ago that has made the rivers and lakes rise and now some of that is overflowing. It's pretty bad. I don't think there have been any fatalities or major injuries thank God! You can bet your butt that I stopped at Starbucks this morning since I got absolutely no sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Storms like that can be so scary. We have had our share of the bad weather too lately. Yay for tornado season! *sarcasm*
Post a Comment