Friday, July 24, 2009

Carlie's new Boyfriend..

Carlie got in the car after VBS tonight and very enthusiastically informed me that she has a new boyfriend. Her "old boyfriend" was a pre arranged love affair between her and my friends son, Michael. He always denied the relationship and gets very embarrassed when we call Carlie his girlfriend. She said that she was standing on the playground and he was walking towards her with a flower in his hand. Her exact words were "Mom, I'm so in love with him!!!". She just kept repeating how much she loved him. I'm sure that won't be the last time I hear that right? She said that she gave him her number and he said he would call her. When she was going to bed, she said "DO you know what me and my boyfriend are going to do?? Go to dinner! He asked me to dinner!!!" and then she said "This is what I'm going to do to my new boyfriend" and she kissed me on the cheek. I quickly informed her that there would be no kissing of any boys anywhere for at least 20 more years!!! She's only 6 1/2!!! I asked Carlie what her new boyfriends name was and she didn't know his name or his age. She said she forgot. I mean really, does age really matter? And also, who needs names when you have such a...connection right??? RIIIIGHTTT!!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

OMG, that is so funny! I needed a good laugh!! Does all this stuff really start so early? I dread their teen years!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious.. What a moment to remember. Im going through a stage with noah and he is 3.. when he sees a girl he likes he tells me im gonna kiss her.. OMG and he is three.