(Please excuse the grassy flower bed. Rick planted grass seeds in the yard and they migrated to the flower bed and we haven't fixed it yet!)Carlie started the 1st grade and Jacelyn started Pre-K3 on Wednesday! Carlie was really excited the night before and got up early that morning and got ready so quickly! We got to to Jacelyn's school first. It's the same "daycare" that she's been going to since January but she was moved up to the Pre-K 3 year old room. They had a big sign that said "Welcome to School" and balloons everywhere! It was so cute. We dropped Jacelyn off with no problems and headed to Carlie's school. We got there a few minutes early and had to stand in the hallways before we could walk to her classroom. She went to a different school last year for Kindergarten so she didn't really know any of the kids or teachers and she was out of town for their Open House last Sunday. We found her classroom and met her teacher. She seemed nice enough so I sat Carlie in her assigned seat and then she LOST IT! She started crying and saying she wanted to go home and that her belly hurt. I felt so bad for her but I knew that if she would just give it a chance, she would love it! I finally pulled her claws out of my arms and ran out the door. That afternoon, after waiting in line for 45 minutes, I finally picked her up. She jumped in the car and told me that she had such a great day and couldn't wait to go back the next day! She said she loved her teacher and made so many new friends. We then went and picked Jacelyn up. She also had a great day in her new class, minus the part where she punched her best friend Zoey in the head...
3 comments:
wow, sounds like quite the day! School memories seriously last forever...I can't believe they're back in school already. I start next week but my students don't start until Sept. 8 :-O
Yay, glad they were glad to go to school! That cracks me up about Jacelyn punching her friend. (sorry) :o) I cannot imagine how hard it will be for Kade's first day of school. I'm glad I have 2 more years before I have to deal with it! The pics are super cute! They both look so old!
They look so grown up already! How did that happen? We don't start school until Monday.
Post a Comment