Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Seriously?!?!?!?

I copied this picture from our hometown newspapers website. I'm sure it'll illegal but please don't sue me! lol. Yesterday, I got off work early and went to Carlie's new school to do the new student registration since we moved zones. While I was filling out the paperwork, the tornado sirens started going off! The ladies in the office were just standing around like nothing was going on!!! I walked in and said "Umm...do ya'll hear the sirens going off?" and they said that they had just realized that it wasn't Wednesday or 12pm (when they test them) so they turned on the weather radio and the news and couldn't find anything about a tornado in our town. We had been having bad weather all day but it seemed to clear up when I got off work. I even went by my house to let the dogs out before heading to the school. It started raining pretty hard while I was sitting there (right beside the huge glass doors!) but then it stopped. No wind, no rain, nada. And that's when the sirens went off. The paper said this morning that there was a tornado sighted seriously about 1/4 of a mile from my work which was about 1 mile from where I was and about 1 1/2 miles from where Jacelyn's daycare is (and where she was at the time). Carlie was all the way across town at my parents house w/ my Nanny. The tornado didn't touch down until it got to the lake which is also very close to my work(the picture) so it was then considered a "waterspout". It was such a crazy day! Looking at that picture, I can't believe how close I was to that! Oh, and there were no reports of damage or injuries, thank God!


3 comments:

Donna/Ellie said...

I can't believe that picture! I can't believe how close it was to all of you and no one took cover? The confusion seems legit but it's scary too! OMG i'm just so glad you're all ok.

Janet said...

That is crazy! Glad you and your town were ok. Yeah, a lot of times before a tornado hits, all goes calm. It's really weird!

Kara said...

OMG!!