So we've been having some bad luck lately. Last Saturday, Carlie stayed the night with my sister Liz so Jacelyn wanted to stay with Rick's mom. We didn't really have anything to do so we rented a few movies (Push and Knowing). Here's the setting: Rick is on the love seat, I'm on the couch, the dogs are playing underneath the coffee table that is right in front of the love seat. Our coffee table is wooden with 3 glass pieces on the top. Gage (our boxer) tried to either stand up or sit up under the table and popped one of the pieces out. It flew up and then came crashing down on the corner of the table. It shattered all over Rick's feet. He had two puncture wounds on one foot and then it actually cut between his pinkie toe and the toe next to it. He also had a puncture wound on the other foot. He was bleeding pretty badly. I rushed over and gave him a paper towel to soak up the blood and picked up a few pieces of glass. The movie only had about 10 more minutes left so we just sat there, as still as possible, to finish the movie. As soon as it was over, we started cleaning up the mess when Rick cut his finger! THEN he started having an asthma attack! He hadn't gotten his inhaler refilled so we had to rush over to my sister Blair's house to borrow hers.
Now on to yesterday...Rick was mowing the yard and came running inside because he burnt his wrist on the dang thing!!! It was really bad and had already started bubbling up! I doctored him and he went back to his duty. About 30 minutes later, I hear this really loud noise coming from the washing machine. It sounded like a monster was in it, banging around, with the top coming up and down and all. I yelled at Rick to come in and he discovered that the agitator cover had come off. We couldn't get it to drain the water so I had to pull out all of the clothes and ring them all out. It took two separate small loads in the dryer at two cycles each to get all of the clothes dried. Lowe's didn't have whatever part Rick thinks he needs so we are still without a washer. I just hope it is fixable because I don't want to have to buy another one!!! They say things happen in 3's so hopefully this is the end of our bad luck!
3 comments:
Sounds a little bit like my weekend, except only my 3rd thing happened this weekend!
Goodness! That is a bunch of bad luck! Hope some good things come your way! I also hope you can find the part to fix your washer!
That's AWFUL, all of it, something you see on a sitcom or movie ya know? I'm glad everyone is ultimately ok and pray you don't see bad luck for another 6 months AT LEAST!
Post a Comment