Carlie has been doing AMAZING lately! She has been doing so well in school, her behavior has improved so much, and she is just really growing into a little lady. Carlie struggled a little in school for the second half of kindergarten and first half of 1st grade. She wasn't put on ADHD medication until almost the end of the school year in 1st grade. She has always been an extremely intelligent child so I hated to see her grades being so poor. I think her problem was that she just could NOT focus. That led to her not finishing work and tests. The incomplete work then led to poor grades. This year however, the grades that will go into her permanent record are ALL A's!!! Her behavior "grades" are all E's (excellent) or G's (good) instead of S's (satisfactory) or N's (needs improvement). The only time that I received a call from her teacher about behavior were the days that we accidentally skipped her medicine. She actually likes and enjoys school now whereas before, she hated going. We made sure to make a huge deal out of her end of the year grades and Daddy even bought her a Wii as a reward!!!
She is also willing to help around the house more. Summer vacation started Tuesday and she was home with Rick all day yesterday. I had given her a pretty long list of chores to do and she did ALL of them *plus more* without complaining and then she told me that cleaning is actually kind of fun!
She's super excited today because I'm taking her to get a hair cut and a few of those hair tinsel extensions put in. *I'll update with before and after pictures later*
I joined her class for the end of the year field trip last week. We went to the bowling alley and then to a park for lunch and play time. The kids had SO much fun *even thought it was blistering hot* Here are a few pictures from the bowling alley..

She is also willing to help around the house more. Summer vacation started Tuesday and she was home with Rick all day yesterday. I had given her a pretty long list of chores to do and she did ALL of them *plus more* without complaining and then she told me that cleaning is actually kind of fun!
She's super excited today because I'm taking her to get a hair cut and a few of those hair tinsel extensions put in. *I'll update with before and after pictures later*
I joined her class for the end of the year field trip last week. We went to the bowling alley and then to a park for lunch and play time. The kids had SO much fun *even thought it was blistering hot* Here are a few pictures from the bowling alley..

Carlie bowling


This is Carlie and her bff Landon

No comments:
Post a Comment