Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School!

Today was the first day of school for Carlie and Jacelyn! Carlie is going into the 3rd grade and Jacelyn is starting Kindergarten! They both did so well this morning! There was very little fighting to get dressed and they were both so eager to get to school. Jacelyn was so great! She didn't cry or act apprehensive at all for me to leave her there. Carlie refused to let me take a picture of her at her desk because there were so many of her friends in class already! Haha! I'm so excited to see what this year brings for both of my girls and I can't wait to hear about their first day!

I was so much less worried about Jacelyn starting school than I was when Carlie started. I don't know if it's because Carlie is there with her or if it's because I know what to expect since we've already gone through it? I'm sure the fact that Jacelyn was just so ready and excited helped ease my nerves a little too. The only thing I'm really sad about is the fact that Jacelyn is being split up from her friends from preschool. She's been with most of those kids for the last 2 1/2 years and was really close to them. I think it will be hard on her when she realizes that she doesn't get to see them all the time anymore.


Mommy and Carlie


Mommy and Jacelyn



My big kindergartener!!!


My big 3rd grader!!!


They weren't very excited to get their pictures taken (notice the fake smiles!)


Waiting for the bell to ring to go to class


Jacelyn sitting at her desk

No comments: