Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mother's Day Banquet

One of the reasons that I love the girls' daycare is that they take time to make the parents feel special. They often have "Donuts with Dads, Muffins with Mom, Pancakes with so and so". They also have a take home dinner once a month that they personally cook. It is very reasonably priced at $7 for adults and $3 for children. They also do a Christmas Lunch where we can go eat turkey and dressing with our children. Today was the Mother's Day Banquet. I am so sad that I forgot my camera because it was so beautifully decorated. They served meatballs, shrimp in those neat little cups where the tail hangs out of the side, chocolate covered strawberries, mini quiche, a veggie tray, mini sandwiches, some sort of round chocolate eclair, tiny cheesecake squares and strawberry cheesecake squares, a cheese tray, and every sort of tea you could imagine. They also had name cards/place cards that had a number on the inside. There was a present that corresponded with your number. I got a neat wall hanging/picture, Carlie got a toy phone, and Jacelyn got a set of bracelets. My mom also attended as my nephews guest and she got a beautifully lilly plant. Oh yeah! I almost forgot. We also played a game where the director asked questions and whoever the question pertained to won a single red or peach rose. The questions were along the lines of, Who has the most kids? Who has the largest gap between kids? Who has the youngest child? Who has been married the longest? Who has been married the shortest? Who is the youngest mother? I won for the youngest mother!!! Woo Hoo. LOL.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Wow, that is amazing that they do such nice things at their daycare. Yay for winning some prizes! :o)