Jacelyn's 2nd birthday party went pretty well. We had it at a local park. They had taken the rain chances out of the forecast but low and behold as soon as we go there we heard a rumble of thunder. We let the kids play for a little bit and then called everyone under the pavillion to get on with the party. As soon as she started opening presents it started pouring down rain. Thankfully there was no lightning and very little thunder. It was mainly just a rain shower. As soon as we were done with cake and ice cream the skies cleared and the children were able to play. We timed it perfectly. It was so hot that day so the showers that blew through were welcomed with open arms since it cooled everyone down.
Like everyone else, I also had some drama with the cake. I was planning on making a butterfly cake and butterfly cupcakes. Since we had just gotten home from vacation, I was too worn out to make them myself. I never thought about giving the bakery a call. Friday afternoon before her party on Saturday I called my normal bakery. They had too many cakes to make to fit hers in. My mom suggested the bakery in a local grocery store. I just called and told them that I needed a butterfly cake and Rick took in a napkin to match the colors. I'm surprised at how it turned out. The little sprinkles on it are even in the shape of a butterfly!
Here are some pictures of Jacelyn's special day!
The cake

Jacelyn, her friend Zoey, and my nephew

Opening presents

Jacelyn's butterfly crown!

The kids playing in the rain!

Blowing out the candle

2 comments:
Wow, I love the cake!! It turned out really pretty.
Yep Cami totally has that shirt and little crown. :)
Wow, that cake is great! They did a great job. I don't blame you for not feeling up to the baking after your vacation!
That is too funny about the rain. It always happens that way. Glad it didn't spoil your day!
Post a Comment