My baby girl Carlie is now a *gasp* PRESCHOOL GRAD! It's so bittersweet. I cried and I laughed. She had a graduating class of 5! It was supposed to be 6 but one little boy didn't show up. What kind of parents wouldn't take their child to their preschool graduation? Especially after paying $22 for a cap and gown and after their son practiced skits for weeks???
Anywho, she was so adorable! My child who has never met a stranger was so shy! Almost all of the pictures we got were of her back because she didn't like everyone looking at her. They sang "I had a bad day" by the Chipmunks to their teacher because she was so sad they were leaving her for bigger and better things. Carlie even
received an award for being the most creative. I'm going to sound like one of those bragging moms right now but I have to add this in. The other awards were for Friendliest, Most Artistic, Leadership, and biggest helper or something like that. The director explained why each child
received that specific award. Friendliest was giving to a little boy who got along with everyone. They described the most artistic by saying that he would turn out to be a famous artist one day from his drawings. Leadership award was giving to the teachers son because he went from a follower to a leader this year. The biggest helper one was giving to a little girl that was described as being the mother of the group. When they got to Carlie's award, they described her as the most creative child they had ever had at the center. They said that she can sing a song or recite a story word for word after hearing it once. They went on and on about how special, creative, and smart she was. I felt so proud of her!
The graduates singing to their teacher
The grads walking in (Yes, to Pomp and Circumstance)

Carlie

Carlie getting her certificate

Turning their tassels

Carlie and her proud baby sister Jacelyn

Me and my big girl

Carlie and some of her fellow grads

Carlie and her teacher

5 comments:
Awww, how cute! Congrats Carlie!
Sniffle - All "grown up" They look so cute in their cap and gowns.
- Jenny
She looks so cute her cap and gown!
I love these pics! She looks so grown up! And you should be proud and you do have every right to brag!!! You have two very talented and smart girls!
What great pictures! She looks so proud :) I LOVE the close-up pic of you two!
Post a Comment