Wow, I can't believe it's already 2011. This past year has flown by faster than any other year of my life. So many wonderful things happened in 2010.
We finally got Carlie tested for ADHD and began treating it with medication. I am so proud of how well she has been doing and how much happier she has become. She is doing pretty well at school and she loves her teacher! He asked She played soccer again this year and is just such a great athlete. I would love for her to stick with it but she has decided to move on to other interests. Right now she's trying to figure out whether she wants to do karate, piano, gymastics, or another season of soccer. She just had her 8th birthday on January 2nd. We had her party at the brand new movie theater that just opened in December. We saw "Yogi Bear in 3D". It was a really cute movie and all of the kids loved it! She also thinks she is going to marry Justin Bieber. My dad asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said "Justin Bieber". He bought her a shirt that says "Future Mrs. Bieber"!
Jacelyn is learning more and more every day. She is such a quick witted child. I'm constantly laughing at the things she says and does, although some things get her in trouble! The other day she was mad at Carlie for not sharing her fake nails and she yelled "UGHHH I HATE EVERTHING EXCEPT JESUS, GOD, AND THE PRESIDENT!!!" I got on to her for saying she hates everything but I had to laugh. Another instance was when we were at lunch with Rick's parents at a Mexican restaurant. It also happened to be the same week that Carlie was learning about Mexico. Carlie was telling me that red in Spanish was rojo, blue was azul, etc. Jacelyn was at the end of the table not paying any attention (or so I thought) eating her cheese dip. I asked Carlie what green was and she couldn't think of it. Jacelyn, without even looking up from her cheese dip, said "verde" to herself in a way that made me think that in her mind, everyone should know that verde meant green in Spanish! I didn't even know she knew ANY colors! One last story, Christmas morning she was opening presents. She opened a box that had a shirt in it and asked "Is this a sassy shirt?" I just looked at her and she said "This is a sassy shirt, because I'm a sassy girl!" LOL. She has also been doing competitive cheer for the last few months. She had her first competition on December 11th and then another this past weekend. She is having such a blast doing it. Both girls definitely keep me entertained all the time!
The biggest news of 2010 is that Rick officially adopted Carlie! It's been something that we've wanted to do for the last several years but it just wasn't ever the right time. Rick has been in Carlie's life since she was 20 months old. Her bio dad basically said that Rick is more her father than he is and she deserves to have his last name. I'll spare the rest of the details and just say that we are all so excited about it!
I'll be back to update this post with pictures from the last few months!
1 comment:
Congratulations!! I know how happy you all must be with the adoption. Glad bio dad was able to see what was best.
Post a Comment